Are you the person who always has a straw handy for any occasion? Some people may look at you strange, but it turns out that you have some pretty good reasons for always using a straw.
• Stain Protection: Using a drinking straw can seriously help protect your teeth against staining that happens from long term exposure to dark-colored foods and drinks. Using a straw means you avoid constant and direct contact with the front of your teeth.
• Reduced Exposure: Using a drinking straw means you have control of that food or drink intake by direct the substance away from your teeth. Reduced exposure means less chance for bacteria and sugary substances to stick to your teeth and potentially cause erosion.
• Hygiene: Dishes in restaurants tend to host germs and bacteria simply from exposure to other people and handling. Using a straw can help you to only consume the beverage you want to, and not those other germs.
• Convenience: Especially when you’re on the go, drinking from a straw is much easier than unscrewing a cap or tilting your head back to gulp from a glass.
• Safety: Because drinking from a straw means you are taking in a more controlled amount of liquid, you are actually reducing your risk of choking. Drinking a smaller amount at a time also means you are safer from burning your mouth on too-hot beverages.share